MSS Executive Search are currently working in partnership with a leading supplier of Environmental Services. Our client is looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to cover London, Hertfordshire, Kent and Surrey.
An Area Sales Manager is responsible for retaining and growing their customer base by effectively applying a disciplined approach to their customer contact strategy, while strategically planning to deliver customer growth and new customer acquisition. Providing a truly consultative sales solution to customers by auditing and assessing the customers needs. The ASM presents solutions that not only suit the need, buy advise customers on how to achieve full compliance.
To retain and develop existing client base by offering a consultative, expert proposition that suits the customer’s needs.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To achieve or exceed set targets and KPIs on a monthly basis
- Maintain an accurate forecast with a clear view of major customer opportunities and risks
- Account management and growth a large client portfolio. Relationship building.
- Develop, present and successfully sell the company’ services to new and existing clients, using relevant, persuasive company sales collateral
- Plan and implement new business strategy to identify specific customer targets and to project the number of contacts to be made. The post holder must also prepare a projected forecast for their sales activity, both in customer visits made as well as projected revenue
- Manage, develop and progress with self-sourced or company generated leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Research key business sectors, use facts and figures and market knowledge to gain unique, compelling insight into their customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain current client and potential client relationships; ensuring each contact has an appropriate customer contact plan to ensure the right level of contact is maintained to offer optimum service versus customer opportunity
- Develop current client relationships by carrying out a full audit/review of the customer’s assets, ensuring that the customer is aware of full sales and service proposition
- Self-driven ability to succeed
- Excellent track record in growing exiting accounts
- Proven ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong negotiation skills, consultative sales approach
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations of a high professional standard
- Ability to create, compose and edit written sales proposals and materials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact, engage and communicate with company decision makers at all levels
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of own customer base and be able to demonstrate any influencing factors on customer activity
- Plan active participation in marketing events, such as seminars, trade shows and telemarketing events
- Have a thorough knowledge of the market in which customers operate; be aware of customer trends and act on these appropriately
- Ability to report and forecast accurately
Territory: London, Hertfordshire, Kent and Surrey.
Remuneration: Basic salary is competitive and will be discussed on application
Benefits: Company car, excellent bonus scheme