Business Development Manager
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager that would like to run your own Flexible Packaging business after a year of expert training and support?
MSS Executive Search are looking to recruit a Self-employed Business Development Manager for an established and growing supplier of flexible packaging. Applicants should ideally have experience within flexible packaging and / or machinery.
This is a new and exciting opportunity for a confident Sales Manager to work alongside an experienced Business owner for 12 months and subsequently manage the business moving forward.
Main purpose of the role:
The successful post holder will manage existing relationships and build strong market positions in the flexible packaging industry, focusing on growth within both UK and international markets. Working with international suppliers, the Business Development Manager will maximise opportunities within UK market across large brands for food, drink and pet food packaging.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as an intermediary between international suppliers and UK customers
- Identifying new customers to generate additional profit through sale of existing and new packaging products
- Seeking and developing new business opportunities UK wide
- Manage existing customer relationships, developing existing portfolio of customers to generate additional profit streams
- Forming excellent working relationship with existing suppliers
- Supplying market knowledge, information and guidance to suppliers and customers
- Handling and optimising all enquiries
- Proving accurate quotes and delivery information. Providing competitive pricing strategies
- Updating customers with progress of orders, including any relevant amendments, dispatchment and/or delays
- Liaising with transport company; monitoring shipping, delivery and advising customers throughout the process
- Assisting customer with any technical problems, handling complaints and resolving within agreed time frame.
- Agreeing payment terms and follow up overdue payments if required
- Visiting customers and suppliers across the UK and Internationally
- Experience within flexible packaging and / or machinery
- Experience with new business development, able to demonstrate a good track record of sales achievements
- Technical & consultative sales approach
- Excellent skills in relationship building
- Ability to manage numerous key accounts in the UK and Internationally
- Good commercial and financial awareness
- Willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, proactive with good intuition
- Applicants should be confident with UK and International travel; full driving licence required
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of a successful and growing organisation within the packaging industry. This is a self-employed role. Year one, Postholder will receive £24,000 annual salary plus bonus on new orders. Year two, Postholder will manage the business from handover agreement, earning £30,000 – 50,000 per annum (uncapped)
Please apply today for this fantastic self-employment opportunity.