MSS Executive Search are currently working in partnership with a leading manufacturer and recognised brand. The company are looking to make long term improvements to support business growth and are therefore looking to recruit an experienced Continuous Improvement Manager.
The main purpose of this position is to identify and make significant plant improvements, in terms of operational efficiency, cost, quality and Health & Safety. Working alongside a team of Engineers the Continuous Improvement Engineer will provide both short- and long-term solutions to ensure any manufacturing downtime is minimised.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- To be a leading change agent within the business to identify and close gaps in operational efficiency, quality & safety.
- Embed a continuous improvement culture throughout manufacturing site, ensuring that processes are implemented and managed to improve and support optimisation of efficiency's within all areas.
- To investigate, improve and develop operational efficiency, including root cause analysis.
- Provide long term solutions to improve manufacturing reliability.
- Development of strategies and initiatives related to CI and Lean Manufacturing to drive improved operational performance.
- Drive sustainable continuous improvement/performance improvement across manufacturing facility.
- Suggest and support integration of new equipment, working with external designers.
Applicants should have the following skills & experience:
- Proven experience of implementing successful continuous improvements within a manufacturing / engineering environment
- Hands on experience; able to diagnose, lead & deliver – a ’do’er’
- Experienced CI professional within a Manufacturing or Engineering environment
- You will be an excellent advocate for culture change, being visible on the shop floor, acting with energy and pace, engaging with the senior leadership team and driving the change journey.
- Able to investigate, identify and implement long term solutions
- Educated to degree level in relevant engineering discipline
- Any leadership experience would also be desirable
- Excellent communication skills & computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing business. Salary is competitive and will be discussed on application.