MSS Executive Search are working with closely with an established client who require a Financial Controller to join their team based in Darlington.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, assessing and reporting the financial health of the company as well as producing period financial reports to present to the board of directors.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor the day to day finance activities of the company including monthly management of Accounts and reporting.
- Manage and supervise 3 direct reports
- Track and monitor the company’s financial performance largely through monthly management accounts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Minimise financial risk to the company.
- Internal compliance, including expenses and purchase authorisation levels.
- Provide insightful forecasting and full year outlook to the board on a quarterly basis.
- Manage the Ledgers
- Implementation of new systems and procedures to improve
Qualifications/ Person Specification:
- Have previous experience in a similar role,
- Experience of impetrating new systems
- Influence decision making through persuasive and patient interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and manage the Finance team.
- Experience of Sage 50/ sage 200 would be beneficial
For a confidential chat about the role, please get in touch. This is a great opportunity with a progressive employer.