- Job Reference: NXW15140
- Date Posted: 28 February 2019
- Recruiter: MSS Executive Search
- Location: Wokingham, Berkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering & Technical
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Nikki Wilson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01642 718936
MSS Executive Search are working with a Leading Environmental Services company who require a Senior Ecologist to join their team based in Suffolk.
The purpose of the role is to provide ecology consultancy to existing / new projects and provision of ecology support to pollution emergency response and the Group as a whole.
Key tasks And Accountabilities:
* Planning and undertaking of aquatic ecology surveys including macroinvertebrates; fish; macrophytes; habitat surveys
* Providing a high level of technical competence in project delivery and management in the field of water quality and aquatic ecology; ensuring that clients receive excellent products and experiences
* Production of tenders and bid leading
* Ecological site assessments of habitats and associated report writing, inclusive of habitat mapping.
* Lead and manage a regional ecological field team
* Mentor and supervise members of the Water & Ecology Division to ensure skills are maintained to a suitable level
* Lead on maintaining and developing key client relationships through effective project management and provision of excellent customer service
* Provide advice to the Group on potential ecological impacts on emergency and/or planned works.
* Provision of emergency / supervisory site support to the Group if required.
* Assist the Head of Water & Ecology Division in business development, marketing quotations and tenders.
* Project manage own workloads daily in conjunction with other senior staff
* Assist with the wider team’s project delivery
Knowledge & Experience:
* The postholder must have at least three years of experience in the ecological consultancy, with a particular emphasis on aquatic species and habitat assessment, supplemented with proven capabilities in one or more of the following areas:
* Terrestrial ecology
* Water quality
* Be proficient on ArcGIS or Mapinfo Software
* Be professionally accredited
* Training will be given where necessary for role development.
We are keen to consider application for Senior and Principle Ecologists