MSS Executive Search are looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant to join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy, working from home.
The main purpose of the role will be to utilise technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy to take ownership of report writing, site investigations, validations and project management of environmental insurance claims. Due to the seniority of the post, the postholder will hold responsibility for the technical and financial performance of any project on which they are deployed.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Leading and supervising project management of insurance claims, relating to the environment.
- Manage and plan site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with the scope of works.
- Liaise with site staff, homeowners and contractors prior to site visits.
- Management of site investigations, remediation works and validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Report health and safety incidents, near misses and positive observations to the Regional Manager.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare desk study reports, including undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs).
- Prepare interpretive site investigation reports, including performing Generic Quantitative Risk Assessments (GQRAs).
- Prepare site validation reports.
- Perform other duties as required by ECM and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
- Manage and take responsibility for project financials.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits on works carried out by others and to provide constructive feedback on the outcome of these inspections.
- Participate in business development activities in technical adviser and key client management/development capacities.
- Writing high standard reports which are technically sound and commercially focused.
Knowledge & experience:
- Knowledge of site investigation techniques and experience supervising a variety of them, including environmental drilling.
- Experience working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
- Working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175.
- Proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930.
- Strong skills in the development and updating of Conceptual Site Models (CSM).
- Confidence when dealing with colleagues, site staff, contractors and householders in person and over the telephone, and a highly professional manner.
- Experience and knowledge of remediation techniques for soil and groundwater, current and emerging legislation applicable to contaminated land consultancy.
- Demonstrate practical experience of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples.
- Proven track record of undertaking and interpreting PRAs and GQRAs.
- Have a degree in a geo-environmental related discipline and ideally professional qualification or working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
Competitive salary along with excellent bonus potential and benefits. Please apply today for this excellent opportunity. For more information please contact Nikki Wilson, MSS Executive Search.